This module is designed to unpack the intricate chakra system in an effective, highly accessible way. Deepen your understanding of the experiential, psychological and practical application of the chakras in yoga and life. Learn how to incorporate them skillfully into a vinyasa flow class.
The chakras are an ancient map detailing the complex relationship between the physical body, spiritual realm, endocrine system, human development, emotions, past traumas, the elements and mythology.
This is a rare opportunity to demystify the chakras as a developmental psychology using real-life case studies from a decade of Ashley’s clinical psychotherapy practice. Through a multi-dimensional lens, we assess each chakra from several angles to fully dissect its impact on your life:physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual.
· Recognize over-, under-active and balanced (sattvic) tendencies of each chakra
· Anatomy of the emotional & energetic body: Learn where specific emotions are held in the body and how to release them.
· Learn how to read bodies and assess client’s through posture, gait and body armouring
· Quickly interpret physical symptoms as potential indicators of deeper, unresolved emotions
· Specific asanas, foods, mudras, seed mantras and essential oils for each chakra
· Understand how family history (ancestral karmas) affects your health and happiness
· Amplify your teaching using themes and incorporating the mytho-poetic realm
· Revitalize the digestive, respiratory, immune and lymphatic systems
· Develop intuition and spiritual connection
· Guest Expert: Hala Khouri
· BONUS: Traditional Lakota Sweat lodge in the mountains of Malibu
This training also counts toward Ashley’s 300-HR Advanced YogaPsychology Training
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE:
Monday – Friday
7am – 11am: Sadhana & Practice
11am – 1pm: Break 1pm – 5pm: Workshop & Training
* 6 – 8pm occasional evening activity; sweat lodge, group ritual, kirtan, etc. Exact times and activities are subject to change and will vary with each module.
We expect this training to fill quickly, so please enroll at your earliest convenience to save your spot. Due to space constraints, no refunds of tuition can be made, therefore please make sure your schedule is clear before enrolling.
Elevating personal growth as a lifestyle, AshleyTurner is a yoga/meditation teacher, Licensed Marriage + Family Therapist (#98598), facilitator, writer and Priestess.
She is the Founder of Yoga Psyche. Soul. – an Advanced YogaPsychology Training for yoga teachers, therapists and students; Co-Founder of UrbanPriestess – a year-long Mystery School to empower women, creator of 10 best-selling yoga dvds and co-author of Aroma Yoga.
Known for her charisma, and unique ability to turn complex topics into accessible, real-life tools, Ashley’s favorite thing to do is facilitate in groups. She is a sought after presenter at international events and conferences and contributor to top tier media publications and podcasts including Self, Shape, Mantra, Origin, Women’s Health, Yoga Journal and Natural Health.
Ashley has graced such lists as:
· 100 Women in Wellness to Watch – MindBodyGreen
· 100 Most Influential Yoga Teachers in the US – Sonima
· Top 100 Psychology Blogs – FeedSpot
Using her innovative fusion of yoga, depth psychology, mindfulness, Shadow Work and neuroscience she works with clients worldwide via Skype and leads transformative events to power points around the globe.
Her guided meditations are available on the Meditation Studio App and her yoga classes on Gaia.com.
Her original and most profound yoga teacher is Ram Dass and she began her formal training in classical Ashtanga Yoga with his Hatha Yoga teacher, Baba Hari Das at the Mt. Madonna Yoga Center. Subsequently, she studied extensively with Bryan Kest, Sharon Gannon and David Life of Jivamukti Yoga, Mark Whitwell, Seane Corn, Mona Miller, Dr. Ron Alexander, Govindas and Krishna Das – but recognizes the ultimate teacher is life itself.
She lives by the beach in Marina del Rey, CA.
Please arrive 15 minutes early and bring your own reusable water bottle as water is provided. Come with comfortable clothing.
We recommend ride sharing, but there is also street parking available on Lincoln Blvd, Nowita Pl, Palms Blvd, Superba Ave, and other neighborhood streets.